【Cafe】Saffron Cafe Penang @ Lot 33, Prangin Mall

Hi all.

Recently when to a cafe located at Sub-basement of Prangin Mall, Penang. (this is my first time when to Lot 33, since I now was working at Kuala Lumpur, and also seldom go to Prangin Mall when I back to Penang).

My memory is still remain at the time that there is a Giant supermarket at the sub-basement of Prangin Mall. I get to know that it was actually refurbished and become a totally new and trendy Food Paradise Area.


And last week when I back to Penang, my brother suggested went to Lot 33 to have a brunch with my mum. And, I explored this new cafe - Saffron Cafe Penang. It actually not a new cafe, but it's was new for me.

The 1st point attracted me is the Set Lunch available at Saffron. Erm... the price and the choice attracted me.


But, the reason that caused me to write this is review is because of their Breakfast Set.
While waiting the Set Lunch available to be serve (the set lunch start at 11am), we ordered a breakfast to 'rescue' our hunger stomach.

There are some selection for the breakfast set. (Sorry, I didn't took photo on it, because at the 1st place I was not planned to write a review on it).

The one I had chose was [ Hollandaise Pouch Egg ].
The breakfast set was come with a beverage (Americano or Earl Grey Tea).
Hollandaise Pouch Egg - A Ham and a half cooked egg placed on English muffin. The muffin was soft. The egg yolk flowed out once you cut it. It's really taste nice.
A salad with a thousand island dressing. (the sauce was abit less)
The portion was just right (but it's consider too big for us, because we had ordered a lunch set meal), and the price was very fair. It's only costed RM 7.90 (if I didn't remember wrongly).



This Value Lunch Set was the one which attracted me. The price looked reasonable.
A daily soup, A drinks, A main course and A dessert. And the price only from RM 12.90 ~ RM 19.90.

Soup of the day - Pumpkin Soup with bread crouton. Creamy.

Drink of the day - Ice Lemon Tea (only lemon tea to choose, either hot or cold only)

Main Course - There are three (3) price range of main course available to choose.
The RM 12.90 range main course are more like a breakfast.
Therefore, all of us was chose the main course from the RM 16.90 range.

Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti - served with chicken and mushroom. Creamy but wouldn't feel greasy. The chicken taste nice, it's a 'fried' chicken piece, different form the conventional style of carbonara spaghetti.


Sizzling Chicken Chop - served with french fried. The food was placed on a iron plate.
The chicken was soft and juicy, it was not dry or hard at all. Really impressed me.
However, the sauce was abit salty. But, if dip with tomato/ chili sauces, then it would be 'feel' too salty.

* actually, me and my brother want to order a normal chicken chop. But it was not available for the set lunch. It's only can order in ala carte (not sure whether dinner set available or not).

Dessert of the day - Ice Cream. Vanilla flavour.


A simple review for the food experience at Saffron Cafe Penang

Really recommend the Hollandaise Pouch Egg of their breakfast set.


sorry for not taking much photo of it (Place, Environment, Food, Menu) and not much info. can provide.
because really not planned to write the review, but the hollandaise pouch egg really impressed me. The second egg dishes I like after Egg Benedict.


No comments:

Post a Comment

【Product Review】 My Office All Day Healthy Drinks Routine - LYNNITY Natural Supplements

How do you kick start your day? For me, a healthy breakfast is important. Not only the food is important, but also the wellness supple...

❤ ♡ follow my blog ♡ ❤